Fact allows you to import invoices and credit notes.
|! Importing invoices and credit notes does not allow you to import a finalised history from an old invoicing software package. It can only be used to create new invoices or credit notes.|
The imported file
Processing the file
Here's how to fill in the import file.
|Desired value||Values to be entered|
or other value
or credit note
- Référence client: this is the number of the customer file in Fact
see the article : "How to create a customer?"
- Date de la facture: date on which the invoice must be issued
Respect the chronology of the invoices, otherwise Fact will invite to modify the date of the invoice before the validation of this one.
- Référence de la facture ("grouping code"): The invoice reference corresponds to the grouping code used to identify the lines to be included in the same invoice or credit note.
! For two lines to be added to the same document, they must have the same reference but also the same document type.
- Libellé de la facture: corresponds to the “Object” field in Fact
- Référence de l’article: enter the reference of the product to be invoiced, from the catalogue set up in Fact (article reference and not category reference – it is not possible to import invoices with only created categories, articles are mandatory)
- Description de l’article (optional): description of the product that will appear on the invoice – if nothing is indicated, Fact will search for the wording in the catalogue.
- Quantité de l’article: quantities of products
- Prix unitaire de l’article: Unit price of product (enter with a “dot” instead of the “comma” – see example above)
- Taux de remise de l’article (optional): applies a discount only to this product (enter with a “dot” instead of the “comma” – see example above)
- Commentaire de facture (optional): allows you to display a comment that will appear at the bottom of the invoice (corresponds to the “Note displayed on the document” field in Fact)
- Taux de remise de la facture (optional): applies a global discount over the entire document (enter with a “dot” instead of the “comma” – see example above)
- Echéance de paiement (optional): allows to define the due date of the invoice – if nothing is indicated, Fact will search for the due date in the customer file.
Attention: to enter the due date, use the following correspondences:
|Value||Code to enter|
|30 jours fin de mois, le 10||30_days_fall_month|
|30 jours fin de mois, le 15||30_days_fall_month_15|
|45 jours fin de mois||45_days_fall_month|
|60 jours fin de mois||60_days_fall_month|
|60 jours fin de mois, le 10||60_days_fall_month_10|
|60 jours fin de mois, le 15||60_days_fall_month_15|
|90 jours fin de mois||90_days_fall_month|
|Fin du mois||fall_month|
|Fin du mois, le 5||fall_month_5|
|A réception de la facture||invoice|
|Le 20 du mois||month_20|
|Le 15 du mois||month_15|
|Le 5 du mois||month_5|
|Plan de paiement||payment_plan|
Import invoices file
Once you have prepared the import file, you can import it. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the "Settings" tab, then to the "Import" menu
- Select "Invoices"
- In the import window, drag and drop the file to be imported (for .csv files, specify the type of delimiter used). You can also find our import templates in this window.
- Click on "Import".
- Check that the first column "Field" is filled in. If it is not the case, select the value according to the import file (corresponds to the headers of the file)
- Finally, click on "Import" to start the import process. The number of validated, erroneous and imported lines appears in a summary. If there are any errors in your import file, a table lists the erroneous lines and specifies the number of errors in each line and the columns concerned.
The invoices are then displayed in the "Invoices" menu in "Draft" status. All that's left to do is to check them, produce them and validate them, following the classic invoicing cycle process.
see the article : "How to create an invoice?"
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article