Fact allows you to import/export the following data:
This page explains how to import categories, items and customers. For information on invoices, please consult the dedicated article.
The imported file
- You can import data from .xlsx, .csv and .ods files.
- The maximum number of lines is 2000.
- The imported file must contain a header line with the name of each column.
- In the journey, you will determine the correspondence of the columns in your file with the data model. As a result :
- The order of the columns in the file is not important;
- The file may contain superfluous columns, which will not be taken into account.
- Some values must have a specific format, as specified in the "Import model and specific features" section below.
- When importing accented characters, we recommend that you use the .xlsx format.
- Templates: in the import path, you will find import file templates in the eligible formats.
|The reference has to be unique for each category, each product and each customer.|
This is the procedure for performing an import:
- Click on “Settings”,
- Select the “Import” menu,
- Select the type of data to be imported, namely “Categories”, “Products” or “Customers”
To import invoices, please see the article: "Invoices import".
- In the import window, drag and drop the file to be imported (for .csv files, specify the type of delimiter to be used). You can also find our import templates in this window.
- Click on “Import”
- In the column assignment screen, select fields corresponding to the file headers in order to match the data:
- Confirm the import by clicking on "Import".
Once the import is complete, a summary screen gives you an overview of the imported data (total number of rows, rows with errors, new or existing rows). If there are any errors in your import file, a table lists the rows with errors, specifying the number of errors in each row and the concerned columns.
Import categories before items so that you can indicate the category reference on each item.
If you import an item, category or customer a second time, it will be updated.
Import template and specificities
In the import window, you will see the available templates in the different eligible formats (.xlsx, .csv, .ods) :
|There are example lines in each file. Please delete them before importing the data.|
Specificity for decimals
In cells corresponding to amounts (amounts, VAT rates, quantities and discounts), the comma is systematically transformed into a point to be considered as a decimal separator.
Specificity for .xlsx files
When importing Excel files, for values corresponding to a series of numbers (e.g. telephone number, SIRET, postcode, etc.), we recommend that you enter an apostrophe before the value to force the text format. Otherwise, the data could be misinterpreted during import.
Specificity for products imports
Regarding the "unit" field, please respect the following correspondences:
|Libellé||Unité à saisir|
Specificity of customer import
- It is possible to automatically generate the accounting auxiliary accounts via the import.
To do this, simply fill in the "Accounting" and "Account name" fields in the import file, then tick the "Automatic generation of customer accounts" option. The accounts will then be created in the accounting software.
|Be careful to respect the roots of accounts previously defined in the accounts.|
For more information, contact the accounting firm
It is also possible to import one or more delivery addresses for the same customer.
The columns "Address name (delivery address)", "Address (delivery address)", "Additional address (delivery address)", "Postcode (delivery address)", "City (delivery address)" and "Country (delivery address)" are provided for this purpose.
To enter a single delivery address, simply complete these columns in the line dedicated to the concerned customer.
To add other delivery addresses, you can add lines to your customer import file:
In the "Reference" column, enter the reference of the customer concerned and make sure that it is identical, as it is this column that our import tool will use to identify that it is the same customer;
Fill in all the other columns in the row ;
Complete the "Address name (delivery address)", "Address (delivery address)", "Address complement (delivery address)", "Postcode (delivery address)", "Town (delivery address)", "Country (delivery address)" columns with the information for the second delivery address.
Repeat the same operation to add other delivery addresses.
- For the fields “Payment method” and “Payment time”, please respect the following “ID à saisir”:
Fact offers the possibility to export categories, products and customers in .csv or .xls format
- Click on “Settings” then select the “Export” menu
- Select the type of data to be exported
- Click on “Download” to validate the data export
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article